Monday, December 7, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday


This is my second week sharing in the Vintage Christmas Monday hosted by Joan at Anything Goes Here blog. I am really excited to share this item. My Snowman music box. My mom has had it since I was little. I'm not sure exactly when I took possession of it. Every year when I unpack it, there is always something missing or broken from it and I have to search for old pieces and parts to repair it. Fortunately this year I didn't have to fix anything. It does lean a little bit, but that just gives it character. I'm hoping it will last long enough to give to one of my children one day.

9 comments:

Jane said...

That is a very special music box. I love all the detail on it.
Jane

Julie Marie said...

That is the cutest little music box, and I always love to hear about the special memories that go with everyones treasures! Bisous... Julie Marie

★Carol★ said...

Your music box is so wonderful, and that snowman on it is fantastic! I bet your children look forward to it being unpacked every year!
Happy VCM!
Carol

anythinggoeshere said...

What a cute little music box. Something else that I have never seen. That is one of the things that makes this blog party so much fun for me! xo joan, your hostess

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

That is just precious,its the memories isnt it that are the magic on top.For me i think of my best friend who died of cancer a few years ago,We would spend ages in christmas shops etc so i feel her here at christmas in the many ornaments she gave me.

Carrie said...

Thank you for all the nice compliments. Jules, I have tons of ornaments from friends and even ones that I buy when I visit somewhere new. It's fun to go through them all and remember where and who they came from.

Gypsy Fish said...

Adorable!
Happy (belated) VCM...
Beth

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

That is a darling Vintage piece...

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Sarah said...

How special to have your mom's music box. Does it still play a tune? Frosty the Snowman?
Thanks for sharing. Have Happy Holidays! ~ Sarah