Friday, October 24, 2008

Glimpse into Halloween Past.....

Today, October 24th. What? October 24th? Halloween is creeping upon us yet again and I can't help wonder "where did the time go?" I just didn't have enough "time" to prepare for our usual planning of childrens parties, making massive amounts of cool creepy cookies to sell and decking the house out with graves, spiders, bats, witches and homemade monsters and ghouls in every nook and cranny I could cram and stuff them into. Halloween has always been my thing. Our house was always know by local kids (and adults) as The Halloween House. For crying out loud, we even made the local news paper for erecting a giant spider on the side of our house. We were ruthless. There was nothing we wouldn't do for Halloween. "Build a life size casket?" No problem, we did it.
So I sit here, one week before Halloween night, no scary monsters on the porch, no bats hanging in the "Batroom" (only thing scary in there is the sink that needs to be cleaned, yikes!) no mummy's on the stairs waiting to scare the children as they wake from their nightly slumber. I have just run out of "time". So I make this vow to myself, right here, right now... next year is the year. I will not let the lack of "time" rob us of our beloved Halloween. I will start in June....ok, maybe July.... I will work till midnight every night if I have to. And I will bring Halloween back to Key Haven Lane and we will once again be known as "THE HALLOWEEN HOUSE"!

No comments: